Larsen & Toubro Q3 net profit up 13% on strong order wins, beats forecast
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors slam Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
With strong order book, the company expects to sustain its growth in the period ahead, L&T further said.
The engineering and construction (E&C) business registered 11 per cent growth during the quarter with a net segment revenue of Rs 13,858 crore. It also received most of the orders for the company at Rs 17,818 crore during the quarter.
L&T's electrical and electronics business segment registered a growth rate of 7 per cent with a net segment revenue of Rs 830 crore, while revenue from the machinery and industrial products business was lower at Rs 563 crore due to slowdown in the manufacturing sector, the company said.
Shares of the company were trading at Rs 1,597.95 apiece on the BSE during late afternoon trade, up 2.35 per cent from previous close.
India's L&T Q3 net up 13 pct on strong order wins, beats forecast
Larsen & Toubro (L&T), India's top construction and engineering company, reported a 13 percent increase in net profit for the Oct-Dec quarter helped by strong order wins, beating forecast.
L&T reported a net profit of 11.22 billion rupees for the third quarter compared with 9.92 billion rupees a year earlier.
Sales rose 10 percent to 154.29 billion rupees.
Analysts expected the company to report a net profit of 10.79 billion rupees on sales of 160.96 billion rupees.
At 0816 GMT, shares in L&T, valued by the market at about $17.8 billion, were up 1.6 percent at 1,586 rupees in a negative Mumbai market.
Stocks More on Larsen & Toubro
Company INFO More on Larsen & Toubro
- Experts to Maruti: De-list or give in to investors’ pressure
- India-born Rajeev Suri may take over as Nokia CEO
- BJP MLA gets EC clearance for movie, asks ‘critics’ to stay away
- Eyes on UP prize, Modi set for Varanasi
- SC rejects Nokia appeal over asset transfer to Microsoft
- Today is last day for enrolling as a voter: UT