Last date for property tax extended till Dec 31
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- SC allows annual cap of 20m tonnes of iron ore mining in Goa
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
On the directions of the Punjab government, the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation has extended the date for filing property tax to December 31.
The residents will be able to avail 10% rebate till December 31.
The date was extended for a second time. Earlier, the last date was November 30 and then December 10 was announced as the last date for availing the rebate offer.
Isha Kalia, additional commissioner, said, "Now rebate will be there till December 31. No penalty will be imposed till January 31 while earlier imposition of penalty was after December 31."
The property tax collection has crossed Rs 34 crore as per the latest data collected on Tuesday. A total of 1,18,234 applications have been received with a collection of Rs 34.71 crore.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota