Last date for property tax extended till Dec 31
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
On the directions of the Punjab government, the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation has extended the date for filing property tax to December 31.
The residents will be able to avail 10% rebate till December 31.
The date was extended for a second time. Earlier, the last date was November 30 and then December 10 was announced as the last date for availing the rebate offer.
Isha Kalia, additional commissioner, said, "Now rebate will be there till December 31. No penalty will be imposed till January 31 while earlier imposition of penalty was after December 31."
The property tax collection has crossed Rs 34 crore as per the latest data collected on Tuesday. A total of 1,18,234 applications have been received with a collection of Rs 34.71 crore.