last night home
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
SC: No change of DCs likely
Shimla:The Election Commission of India (ECI) has found no fresh grounds to change any district Returning Officers or SPs in Himachal Pradesh ahead of the November 4 Assembly elections. In a letter written to PCC president Virbhadra Singh, in response to his complaint seeking change of four Deputy Commissioners, the ECI has conveyed that it's inquiries have not revealed anything adverse against the DCs.
HP polls: 4 file papers on day 4
Shimla:Himachal Lokhit Party leader and former MLA Naveen Dhiman were among four candidates who filed nominations for the state Assembly polls on Saturday, raising the total number of nominations to 17.
Transfer policy for JBT teachers
Chandigarh:The Haryana government on Saturday approved the inter-district transfer policy for Junior Basic Training (JBT) and C and V cadre teachers, who are working on regular basis in the state. "Application forms for individual and mutual appointment by transfer will be available on www.harprathmik.gov.in," a spokesperson said. In case of mutual inter-district transfers, the form should be countersigned by the DEEOs of the districts and both teachers would have to submit their options. "However, if one teacher fails to join, the appointment of both teachers will automatically lapse," the spokesperson added. The requests for mutual transfers, for the time being, will only be considered for Mewat district.
Pentavalent vaccine now in Haryana
Chandigarh:The Haryana's Health Department has introduced 'Pentavalent Vaccine' to provide protection against five deadly childhood diseases including Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Hepatitis B and childhood pneumonia caused primarily by Haemophylus influenza B.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18