Last rites of Express reporter performed
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
The last rites of Amrita Chaudhry, The Indian Express reporter who died in a road accident on October 22, were performed at the Model Town Extension cremation ground on Thursday. On behalf of the Chief Minister, his adviser Maheshinder Grewal, several journalists , Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh and DC Rahul Tiwari paid tributes to Amrita. Others who were present include MLA Manpreet Singh Ayali, Mayor H S Gohalwria, DCC president Pawan Dewan, Lalit Kala Academy president Ranjodh Singh, Mandi Board Chairman Ajmer Singh Lakhowal and District BJP president Parveen Bansal. Amrita's Rasam Kriya will be performed at the central town Gurdwara in Jalandhar on October 28 between 1 am to 2.30 pm.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer