Last rites of Express reporter performed
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
The last rites of Amrita Chaudhry, The Indian Express reporter who died in a road accident on October 22, were performed at the Model Town Extension cremation ground on Thursday. On behalf of the Chief Minister, his adviser Maheshinder Grewal, several journalists , Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh and DC Rahul Tiwari paid tributes to Amrita. Others who were present include MLA Manpreet Singh Ayali, Mayor H S Gohalwria, DCC president Pawan Dewan, Lalit Kala Academy president Ranjodh Singh, Mandi Board Chairman Ajmer Singh Lakhowal and District BJP president Parveen Bansal. Amrita's Rasam Kriya will be performed at the central town Gurdwara in Jalandhar on October 28 between 1 am to 2.30 pm.