Lastnight Home: HIV-affected family spends 20 days on railway platform
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
HIV-affected family spends 20 days on railway platform
Jodhpur: Evicted out of their home, miseries of a HIV-affected family did not end with their finding of a new house in a locality here as their neighbours, following discovery of their disease, beat them up and threw them out of the area. The family of six, including four children, was forced out of their home on November 6 after an NGO worker allegedly made it public to the neighbours that four of them were HIV positive. The family wandered on roads before making a railway platform their home for over 20 days, official said.
30 anti-nuke activists held
Chennai: A group of 30 activists from Kerala, who had visited Idinthakarai village, the epicentre of anti-Kudankulam nuclear power agitations, were detained by the Tamil Nadu Police while they were returning on Saturday evening. Those arrested included the presidents of Tamil Nadu and Kerala units of Jamaat-e-Islami, leaders of Solidarity Youth Movement and two women activists, said leaders of the People's Movement Against Nuclear Energy.
Cold wave continues in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The intense cold wave sweeping large parts of Himachal Pradesh continued on Saturday as mercury dropped to minus 3.6 degree in Keylong and minus 2 degree in tribal districts of Lahaul, Spiti and Kalpa.
Sachan's widow moves court
Lucknow: Late deputy chief medical officer Y S Sachan's widow on Saturday moved a court here opposing the CBI's closure report in which it was claimed that the officer had killed himself inside the prison.
Model gets bail in murder case
Mumbai: Seven months after her arrest in murder case of senior citizen Arun Tikku, model Simran Sood secured bail from a local court. A sessions court granted her bail on Friday on condition that she furnish a bail bond and surety of Rs one lakh.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express