Lastnight Home: UP student threatens classmate with ‘Delhi-like’ rape
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
UP student threatens classmate with 'Delhi-like' rape
ALLAHABAD: A student of the Allahabad University allegedly sent an e-mail to a classmate he was infatuated with, threatening her that she would meet "the same fate as the victim of the Delhi gang-rape" if she spurned his advances, a varsity official said. The girl approached AU Women's Advisory Board Chairperson Ranjana Kakkar with a complaint about the offensive e-mail she had received a few days earlier. "We are mulling over meting out a punishment that sets an example," Kakkar said.
Bribery: 2 TN docs removed from DCI
CHENNAI: Days after they were arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation on bribery charges, two senior doctors were removed from the Dental Council of India and the Tamil Nadu Dental Council by the Tamil Nadu government. In the order issued Friday, health secretary J Radhakrishnan said the government was withdrawing the nomination of Dr R Gunaseelan as the representative of Tamil Nadu at the Dental Council, while another order said the nominations of Dr Gunaseelan and Dr S Murugesan were withdrawn from the Tamil Nadu Dental Council with immediate effect.
Madani shifted to Manipal Hospital
BANGALORE: Jailed Kerala-based PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, admitted to a private hospital for treatment of diabetes, was shifted to Manipal Hospital here on Saturday after he complained of giddiness. Madani, arrested in connection with the 2008 blasts in Bangalore, was shifted to the hospital after he complained of tiredness and giddiness, Medical Advisory Board of Manipal Hospitals Chairman Dr Sudarshan Ballal said. Madani's condition was "quite stable", he said. Lodged in the central jail here since arrest, Madani was admitted to Soukhya Hospital for treatment of diabetes and related eye complication.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'