Lastnight World: ‘Maoists ready to accept NC-led govt in Nepal after deal’
- Kejriwal's detention in Modi land sparks violent clashes between BJP, AAP in three states
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Didi lists out celebs, nephew and statistics
'Maoists ready to accept NC-led govt in Nepal after deal'
Kathmandu: The ruling Maoists are ready to accept a Nepali Congress-led national government if a package
deal is struck among the major parties to end the currentpolitical stalemate, UCPN-Maoist vice-chairman and the country's deputy PM, Narayan Kaji Shrestha, said Saturday.
Alleged murderer of 100 freed in Pak
Karachi: A Pakistani man accused of more than 100 counts of manslaughter in the port city of Karachi has been released after he was acquitted in many cases and got bail in the rest, a media report Saturday said. Ajmal Pahari had been detained for the last four months under maintenance of public order.
Egypt clashes at trial of officers
CAIRO: Riot police fired tear gas Saturday to disperse demonstrators throwing stones outside an Alexandria courtroom where the city's ex-security director Mohammed Ibrahim and five other police officers are on trial for the killing of protesters during Egypt's 2011 uprising.
US flu epidemic kills 29 children
Washington: A flu epidemic gripping the US is more severe than usual, striking the elderly especially hard, health authorities as they also announced 29 child victims.
France seeks support for Mali force
France Saturday called on other world powers to commit money and logistical support for African armies readying troops to join French soldiers battling al Qaeda-linked militants in Mali. The appeal came as African leaders met in Ivory Coast where they are expected to agree on details of a regional mission due to take over from French forces but is short on financing and planning.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan