Lastnight World: ‘Maoists ready to accept NC-led govt in Nepal after deal’
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
'Maoists ready to accept NC-led govt in Nepal after deal'
Kathmandu: The ruling Maoists are ready to accept a Nepali Congress-led national government if a package
deal is struck among the major parties to end the currentpolitical stalemate, UCPN-Maoist vice-chairman and the country's deputy PM, Narayan Kaji Shrestha, said Saturday.
Alleged murderer of 100 freed in Pak
Karachi: A Pakistani man accused of more than 100 counts of manslaughter in the port city of Karachi has been released after he was acquitted in many cases and got bail in the rest, a media report Saturday said. Ajmal Pahari had been detained for the last four months under maintenance of public order.
Egypt clashes at trial of officers
CAIRO: Riot police fired tear gas Saturday to disperse demonstrators throwing stones outside an Alexandria courtroom where the city's ex-security director Mohammed Ibrahim and five other police officers are on trial for the killing of protesters during Egypt's 2011 uprising.
US flu epidemic kills 29 children
Washington: A flu epidemic gripping the US is more severe than usual, striking the elderly especially hard, health authorities as they also announced 29 child victims.
France seeks support for Mali force