Lastnight World: Egypt bans YouTube over anti-Islam film
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Egypt bans YouTube over anti-Islam film
CAIRO: A Cairo court on Saturday ordered the government to block access to the video-sharing website YouTube for 30 days for carrying an anti-Islam film that set off deadly riots last year, but the ruling can be appealed and, based on precedent, may not be enforced.
Syrian Prez reshuffles economic Cabinet posts
DAMASCUS: President Bashar Assad has reshuffled his Cabinet, appointing new ministers to handle an economy ravaged by two years of uprising and civil war, Syria's state media reported Saturday. State television said the ministries that were changed are those of oil, finance, social affairs, labour, housing, public works, and agriculture.
German minister quits over plagiarism row
Berlin: Germany's education minister Annette Schavan Saturday resigned after a university decided to withdraw her doctorate, finding that she plagiarised parts of her thesis. Chancellor Angela Merkel accepted the resignation.
Indian-origin former Canada MP quits
Toronto: A former Indian-origin Canadian MP, Sukh Dhaliwal, has withdrawn his candidature as a British Columbia Liberal Party candidate in the forthcoming provincial election after he was charged with six counts of failing to file income taxes.
Bangla ferry capsize toll rises to 14
Dhaka: At least 14 people have died and five were still missing after a passenger ferry sank in the Meghna river in central Bangladesh's suburban Manikganj, with authorities retrieving 12 bodies overnight.
Cops shoot Philippine massacre suspect
Cotabato: Philippines police Saturday said they shot dead Maguid Amil, a suspect in 2009 killings of 58 people, the country's worst political massacre, after he hurled a grenade and fired at them.
Sikh woman charged in Brar attack case
A 38-year-old Sikh woman has been charged in connection with the attack on the 1984 Operation Blue Star hero K S Brar here last September, taking to four the number of accused in the case.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer