Lastnight World: Egypt bans YouTube over anti-Islam film
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Egypt bans YouTube over anti-Islam film
CAIRO: A Cairo court on Saturday ordered the government to block access to the video-sharing website YouTube for 30 days for carrying an anti-Islam film that set off deadly riots last year, but the ruling can be appealed and, based on precedent, may not be enforced.
Syrian Prez reshuffles economic Cabinet posts
DAMASCUS: President Bashar Assad has reshuffled his Cabinet, appointing new ministers to handle an economy ravaged by two years of uprising and civil war, Syria's state media reported Saturday. State television said the ministries that were changed are those of oil, finance, social affairs, labour, housing, public works, and agriculture.
German minister quits over plagiarism row
Berlin: Germany's education minister Annette Schavan Saturday resigned after a university decided to withdraw her doctorate, finding that she plagiarised parts of her thesis. Chancellor Angela Merkel accepted the resignation.
Indian-origin former Canada MP quits
Toronto: A former Indian-origin Canadian MP, Sukh Dhaliwal, has withdrawn his candidature as a British Columbia Liberal Party candidate in the forthcoming provincial election after he was charged with six counts of failing to file income taxes.
Bangla ferry capsize toll rises to 14
Dhaka: At least 14 people have died and five were still missing after a passenger ferry sank in the Meghna river in central Bangladesh's suburban Manikganj, with authorities retrieving 12 bodies overnight.
Cops shoot Philippine massacre suspect
Cotabato: Philippines police Saturday said they shot dead Maguid Amil, a suspect in 2009 killings of 58 people, the country's worst political massacre, after he hurled a grenade and fired at them.
Sikh woman charged in Brar attack case
A 38-year-old Sikh woman has been charged in connection with the attack on the 1984 Operation Blue Star hero K S Brar here last September, taking to four the number of accused in the case.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today