Lastnight World: Mandela undergoes gallstone surgery
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
Mandela undergoes gallstone surgery
JOHANNESBURG: South Africa's former President Nelson Mandela underwent a successful surgery to remove gallstones Saturday, presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj said in a statement, as the 94-year-old anti-apartheid icon is still recovering from a lung infection. Mandela has been hospitalised since December 8.
Clinton faints, suffers concussion
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton fainted and suffered a concussion. "While suffering from a stomach virus, Clinton became dehydrated and fainted, sustaining a concussion," her spokesperson said Saturday.
Philippine cops kill Malaysian 'terrorist'
MANILA: Philippine police have killed a suspected Malaysian terrorist who allegedly was planning a bomb attack in the country, police said Saturday. The suspected terrorist Mohd Noor Fikrie Bin Abud Kahar, was fatally shot late Friday, Davao city police chief said.
Principal died lunging at gunman: Officials
NEWTOWN: Town officials said Principal of Sandy Hook Elementary School was killed while lunging at the gunman as she tried to overtake him. Dawn Hochsprung was gunned down in Friday's massacre in Newtown, Connecticut.
Board of Education chairwoman Debbie Liedlien said administrators were coming out of a meeting when the gunman forced his way into the school and they ran towards him.
- Ready for elections: Parties
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs