Lastnight World: Nigerian Navy arrests 10 Indians for alleged oil theft
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
Nigerian Navy arrests 10 Indians for alleged oil theft
ABUJA: Nigerian Navy has arrested 10 Indians and two Ghanaians for alleged oil theft after it intercepted a vessel near the oil rich southern Rivers state. The arrested people have been handed over to the country's anti-corruption police — the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) — for investigation and prosecution for oil theft.
Neel Kashkari may run for office in California
HOUSTON: Indian-American Neel Kashkari, a former US Treasury official who oversaw the department's troubled Asset Relief Programme at the height of the country's financial crisis, is considering a run for public office in California as a Republican.
Kachin rebels lose key hilltop in Myanmar
BANGKOK: Government troops in Myanmar captured a strategic hilltop position outside the headquarters of ethnic Kachin rebels on Saturday, two observers of the fighting said, in what would be a significant advance in a long and bloody campaign near the border with China.
Hackers claim attack on US Justice dept website
washington: Hackers sympathetic to late computer prodigy Aaron Swartz claimed Saturday to have infiltrated website of the US Justice Department's Sentencing Commission, saying they planned to release government data.
US may give $32 mn to train troops in Mali
SEVARE: The Obama administration is seeking an additional $32 million to train African troops to fight Islamic extremists in Mali. State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland told reporters Friday the request had been made to Congress. The US has been providing aid to the French-led mission, transporting French troops and equipment to Mali.
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18
- The 'Silli' effect hold the surprise element in Ranchi
- ‘Cautious’ MU yet to send answer sheets for assessment, move may delay results
- AAP launches ‘Scam Expose Helpline’, to train people to conduct stings