- Patidar protest: Hardik Patel-led PAAS calls off 'reverse Dandi march'
- At least 80 dead in gas cylinder explosion in Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh
- Not passed any order on meat ban, only an appeal to slaughterhouses: Haryana govt
- India demolish temporary hut built by China near LAC in Ladakh
- HP: Two foreigners dead, several injured as Kalka-Shimla toy train derails
Bicycle bombs kill three in Afghanistan
Kabul: Two remote-controlled bombs attached to bicycles exploded Saturday in different parts of a city in eastern Afghanistan, killing at least three people and wounding 31 others, officials said. Ghulam Aziz Ghranai, police chief in Laghman province, said the first morning explosion occurred as vehicles were waiting to be searched at a police checkpoint on a road leading into the provincial capital of Mehtarlam.
Indira Gandhi 9th most powerful woman: Time
Washington: Indira Gandhi, the world's longest serving woman prime minister, has been ranked by the Time magazine as the 9th most powerful woman of the past century, a list that also includes Mother Teresa. "She was the nation's daughter, brought up under the close watch of both her father Jawaharlal Nehru, who was India's first prime minister after decades of British rule, and her country," the Time magazine said.
Pope creates 24 new cardinals amid cheers
Vatican City: Pope Benedict XVI formally created 24 new cardinals on Saturday in St Peter's Basilica, bringing a mostly Italian group into the elite club that will eventually elect his successor. Meanwhile, in his book due to be published next week, the Pope has for the first time said the use of condoms to stop the spread of AIDS may be justified in certain limited cases.
Chihuahua passes police dog exam