- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
Bicycle bombs kill three in Afghanistan
Kabul: Two remote-controlled bombs attached to bicycles exploded Saturday in different parts of a city in eastern Afghanistan, killing at least three people and wounding 31 others, officials said. Ghulam Aziz Ghranai, police chief in Laghman province, said the first morning explosion occurred as vehicles were waiting to be searched at a police checkpoint on a road leading into the provincial capital of Mehtarlam.
Indira Gandhi 9th most powerful woman: Time
Washington: Indira Gandhi, the world's longest serving woman prime minister, has been ranked by the Time magazine as the 9th most powerful woman of the past century, a list that also includes Mother Teresa. "She was the nation's daughter, brought up under the close watch of both her father Jawaharlal Nehru, who was India's first prime minister after decades of British rule, and her country," the Time magazine said.
Pope creates 24 new cardinals amid cheers
Vatican City: Pope Benedict XVI formally created 24 new cardinals on Saturday in St Peter's Basilica, bringing a mostly Italian group into the elite club that will eventually elect his successor. Meanwhile, in his book due to be published next week, the Pope has for the first time said the use of condoms to stop the spread of AIDS may be justified in certain limited cases.
Chihuahua passes police dog exam
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov