Lata Mangeshkar concerned about Bal Thackeray's health
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
Legendary playback singer Lata Mangeshkar on Thursday expressed concern over Sena chief Bal Thackeray's ailing health and re-scheduled a music event.
"I am extremely disturbed and concerned about the critical health of Shri Balasaheb Thackeray, who is like a family member to me. My prayers are with Balasaheb and the entire Thackeray family," Mangeshkar wrote on Twitter.
"In view of this, I am postponing the function of my music company to a later date," Mangeshkar said.
The event was scheduled for November 18.
Meanwhile, Bollywood celebrities Madhur Bhandarkar, Nana Patekar and others visited Thackeray's residence 'Matoshree' in suburban Bandra.
Filmmaker Pritish Nandy said he is praying for Thackeray's recovery.
"My sympathies and love to Uddhav and Aditya as they cope with the tragedy of Balasaheb's failing health. May he fight back and win. Our prayers go out for Balasaheb Thackeray and his family members.... May the tiger wake up and roar again," he said.
"That a cartoonist in the Free Press Journal could reach where Balasaheb reached is a tribute to the power of Indian democracy. There will be lots of time later to discuss the politics of the Sena, good or bad. Time to now pray that Balasaheb comes back from the edge," he added.
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov