Lata Mangeshkar has right to express her feelings, says Modi
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi Thursday slammed Congress for not having respect for singer Lata Mangeshkar, and said she was entitled to air her views.
Speaking at a campaign rally at Durg in poll-bound Chhattisgarh, Modi said, "Lata Mangeshkar had only said that Modi should become the Prime Minister. Does she not have the right to express her feelings?"
Mangeshkar, at a function in Pune, had endorsed Modi for PM. Following which, Mumbai Congress chief Janardan Chandurkar said that the Bharat Ratna given to her should be taken away.
"Congress is so arrogant that it doesn't respect even a legendary singer like Lata Mangeshkar," Modi said.