Late deflection gives Arsenal victory over Stoke
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Substitute Lukas Podolski scored with a deflected free kick to give Arsenal a much-needed 1-0 victory against Stoke in the English Premier League on Saturday.
After securing just five points in five league matches, sixth-placed Arsenal was in danger of losing ground in its quest for a European spot.
Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic had an impressive first half in which he superbly denied Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain either side of stopping Laurent Koscielny's header.
Podolski ended Stoke's hopes 12 minutes from time with a low free kick that deflected in off Geoff Cameron.
The Gunners made five changes for the match, with deadline-day signing Nacho Monreal handed his debut.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18