Late Sathya Sai Baba's elephant dies in Puttaparthy ashram
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
An elephant kept at the main ashram of late spiritual leader Sri Sathya Sai Baba at Prashanthi Nilayam here died today following illness.
The female pachyderm, ailing for the last three weeks, died at 4:30 am despite the best efforts of expert specialist veterinarians from Kerala and Tamil Nadu who had been treating it, according to a release from Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust.
Nine-and-a-half-years-old Sathya Geetha was the favourite elephant of Sathya Sai Baba.
"She (elephant) was suffering from Intestinal Volvulus leading to Intestinal Torsion and Colon Impaction...Inspite of the best medical attention Sathya Geetha breathed her last in the early hours today," the release said.
Sathya Geetha was originally brought from Karnataka.
Sri Sathya Sai Baba had passed away at the age of 84 at Puttaparthi in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh on April 24, 2011.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun