Late Sathya Sai Baba's elephant dies in Puttaparthy ashram
- SC quashes decision to include Jats in OBC category, rules caste can't be sole ground
- Day after results, Omar, Amit Shah and Ram Madhav met to explore J&K tie-up
- Neither Sonia nor Rahul ever filled such forms: Congress
- Nun gangrape case: 10 detained, Centre seeks report from WB govt
- To push land law forward, govt set to pause House
An elephant kept at the main ashram of late spiritual leader Sri Sathya Sai Baba at Prashanthi Nilayam here died today following illness.
The female pachyderm, ailing for the last three weeks, died at 4:30 am despite the best efforts of expert specialist veterinarians from Kerala and Tamil Nadu who had been treating it, according to a release from Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust.
Nine-and-a-half-years-old Sathya Geetha was the favourite elephant of Sathya Sai Baba.
"She (elephant) was suffering from Intestinal Volvulus leading to Intestinal Torsion and Colon Impaction...Inspite of the best medical attention Sathya Geetha breathed her last in the early hours today," the release said.
Sathya Geetha was originally brought from Karnataka.
Sri Sathya Sai Baba had passed away at the age of 84 at Puttaparthi in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh on April 24, 2011.