- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Monday to Wednesday, 10 pm
What's it about? Dr Charlie Goodson is an anger management therapist who conducts sessions at his residence. His method of teaching involves giving his patients a glimpse into his past. An ex-baseball player who himself had temper issues, Charlie claims to have resolved the problem. However, several instances, such as when he is about to hit his ex-wife's boyfriend, indicate otherwise. Anger Management is a popular sitcom that premiered in the US last year. The show is loosely based on the film by the same name. It is about Charlie's humorous attempts to get over his temper issues. It also shows the protagonist's equation with his daughter and his ex-wife, who does not leave an opportunity to land Charlie in soup.
Who's in it? The show marks Charlie Sheen's return to acting after his ouster from the hit sitcom Two And A Half Men. Given his reputation off the screen, that the actor should take up the role of a man with anger management problem, is a coup on part of the producers. It is also this fact that gave the show a huge opening in the US.
Selma Blair, who portrayed the pyrokinetic-heroine Liz Sherman in Hellboy and Hellboy II: The Golden Army, is Charlie's therapist and sex partner. American television actor Shawnee Smith is his spirited ex-wife Jennifer. Mexican Canadian actor Daniela Bobadilla, who has done bit roles in Smallville and Desperate Housewives, plays their daughter Sam.
What's hot? In Anger Management, one almost finds Charlie Sheen's character in the same boots as Alan Harper's, the character of his brother in Two and a Half Men — it is fun to watch him on the black foot as opposed to the hedonistic character he is famous for. This also demonstrated the actor's talent. Sheen is impressive as Charlie Goodson and the vulnerability he portrays is endearing.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today