Launch: Intex Aqua Octa, India’s first octa core smartphone, will cost Rs 19,999
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Intex has announced the launch of its Aqua Octa smartphones, the first in India to run on an octa core processor phone. Late last year, the company had announced a strategic alliance with MediaTek for the manufacture on an octa-core phone. Intex 'Aqua Octa' is exclusively available on Snapdeal at Rs 19,999.
The six-inch Android Jelly Bean phone is just 7mm thick, which Intex claims makes it the slimmest smartphone in the Indian market. The phone Is powered by MT6592 'True Octa' core chipset clocked at 1.7 GHz paired with 2GB RAM. The multiple cores can be allocated for different tasks and is also expected to improve battery life considerably.
The dual-SIM phone has a six-inch OGS HD 720X1280p display and a 2300mAh battery that promises six hours of talk time and 180 hours of standby. The phone comes with an elaborate memory backup with 16GB internal memory.