Launch: Lenovo launches Vibe X phablet at Rs 25,999
- Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS, it will be detrimental
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Tehelka rape case: Tarun Tejpal's bail plea hearing begins
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
It's official. Lenovo is trying its best to shrug of its tag as a PC manufacturer and seem to find a better opportunity for growth in PC-plus devices. On Tuesday, it launched in India a new high-end phablet, the Vibe X, at Rs 25,999 in a bid to get mileage out of the fastest growing smartphone segment in the fastest growing smartphone market.
The Vibe X flagship smarpthone claims to be the lightest five-inch smartphone in the market at just 121 gram and is just 6.9mm thick. The 20/20 vision crystal-clear display is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 screen. There is a 13MP rear camera with a BSI sensor that promises good low light performance and a 5MP front camera. The Android 4.2 phone is powered by a quad-core 1.5GHz processor with 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage. Lenovo has also added some exclusive apps like SHAREit which enables phone-to-phone data transfer at 4Mbps speed.
Lenovo India MD Amar Babu said the device combines the best of their phone and PC expertise. Incidentally, the Lenovo MD said the company was now selling more smart devices than PC, which is, or used to be, their core business.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore