Launch: Lenovo launches Vibe X phablet at Rs 25,999
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
It's official. Lenovo is trying its best to shrug of its tag as a PC manufacturer and seem to find a better opportunity for growth in PC-plus devices. On Tuesday, it launched in India a new high-end phablet, the Vibe X, at Rs 25,999 in a bid to get mileage out of the fastest growing smartphone segment in the fastest growing smartphone market.
The Vibe X flagship smarpthone claims to be the lightest five-inch smartphone in the market at just 121 gram and is just 6.9mm thick. The 20/20 vision crystal-clear display is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 screen. There is a 13MP rear camera with a BSI sensor that promises good low light performance and a 5MP front camera. The Android 4.2 phone is powered by a quad-core 1.5GHz processor with 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage. Lenovo has also added some exclusive apps like SHAREit which enables phone-to-phone data transfer at 4Mbps speed.
Lenovo India MD Amar Babu said the device combines the best of their phone and PC expertise. Incidentally, the Lenovo MD said the company was now selling more smart devices than PC, which is, or used to be, their core business.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18