Launch: Lenovo launches Vibe X phablet at Rs 25,999
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
It's official. Lenovo is trying its best to shrug of its tag as a PC manufacturer and seem to find a better opportunity for growth in PC-plus devices. On Tuesday, it launched in India a new high-end phablet, the Vibe X, at Rs 25,999 in a bid to get mileage out of the fastest growing smartphone segment in the fastest growing smartphone market.
The Vibe X flagship smarpthone claims to be the lightest five-inch smartphone in the market at just 121 gram and is just 6.9mm thick. The 20/20 vision crystal-clear display is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 screen. There is a 13MP rear camera with a BSI sensor that promises good low light performance and a 5MP front camera. The Android 4.2 phone is powered by a quad-core 1.5GHz processor with 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage. Lenovo has also added some exclusive apps like SHAREit which enables phone-to-phone data transfer at 4Mbps speed.
Lenovo India MD Amar Babu said the device combines the best of their phone and PC expertise. Incidentally, the Lenovo MD said the company was now selling more smart devices than PC, which is, or used to be, their core business.
- On Day 2 in Amethi, Kejriwal woos Muslims
- After Tytler self-goal, Capt goes on defensive
- To prevent polarisation, EC tells Delhi Police ‘don’t publicise work’
- Togadia ‘hate speech’: EC seeks report, police begin probe
- JuD chief: Hindus safe in Pak unlike Muslims in Gujarat
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage