Launchpad: LG's new G2 smartphone
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Value for money: ***
LG G2 is a smartphone which the Korean manufacturer says has been redesigned based on extensive customer surveys. The novelty factor in LG G2 lies in the absence of physical buttons on the either sides of the phone. The traditional volume and power buttons have been shifted to the rear panel of the smartphone. Its aim, LG says, is to enhance user comfort. You can use these buttons with your index finger place on the rear panel of the phone to control volume, click pictures and even use the QuickMemo app on the phone. However, users may take time to adjust to the new position of these buttons. A deviation from previous LG smartphones is that G2 has plastic body which some users don't like. The spec sheet boasts a 5.2-inch screen, 13-megapixel rear camera, 2.2 GHz processor and 2 GB RAM. It runs Android Jelly Bean OS and has 16 GB internal memory.
Gionee ELife E6
Value for money: ***1/2
Riding on the success of E5 smartphone, Gionee, one of the top Chinese smartphone brands, has launched ELife E6. The smartphone has clear and crisp display (5-inch fullHD at 441ppi). Elife E6 is light and has a premium look. Though it runs Android Jelly Bean OS, the user interface is highly customised giving it a fresh look. Unlike Samsung's Touchwiz and HTC Sense, Goinee's UI has app drawer (all apps) on the homescreen. Users can sift through apps by sliding finger left or right on the screen. The camera widget on the lockscreen lets you click pictures without getting into camera app – a time saving option. Other tech specs inclue a quad-core 1.5GHz processor with 2GB RAM and 32GB internal memory (no expansion slot) ELife E6 comes with 13-megapixel rear camera and 5-megapixel front camera. It has 2000-mAh battery which should last a day. Gionee ELife E6 is for those who are bored of the traditional Jelly Bean interface and won't shy away from trying a new UI.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express