Launchpad: Samsung REX 90
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Samsung REX 90
Samsung has launched a new series of feature phones developed in India. The REX 'smart' feature phones are priced between Rs 4,280 and Rs 6,490 and run on the Java platform. The company launched four models. REX phones are dual SIM and let you change SIM cards while the phone is on. They run the TouchWiz interface and two of them support WiFi.
Dell Inspiron 15z
Dell has launched a new model in its mid-range Inspiron laptops. Inspiron 15z is available starting Rs 41,990. The ultrabook comes with a 15.6-inch LED display with a resolution of 1366×768 pixels and weighs 2.17 kg. Another variant comes with a touchscreen. The laptop has Intel's third generation core-series processor and Nvidia GeForce GT630M 2GB graphics card, optimised for Windows 8.
Xolo has entered the 5-inch smartphone segment with A1000. The device runs on Android Jelly Bean and has One Glass Solution HD IPS display. Other specs include 1GHz (dual-core) processor, 1GB RAM, 8-MP rear camera and a 2100mAh battery that Xolo claims delivers music playback of 21 hours, and 4GB memory expandable up to 32GB.
Digital maps and GPS provider MapmyIndia has added another product — Lx340 Navigator — to its navigation devices portfolio. It has a 4.3-inch display for seamless navigation. Its Don't Panic software features instant route calculation and re-routing, and has visual and audible alerts for lane guidance, over-speeding and road signs.
- A youth leader takes on Congress veteran in the NE primary
- On Women’s Day, ECI holds special campaign to woo women voters
- Disgruntled Aam Aadmi Party worker smears ink on Yogendra Yadav’s face
- Welfare Party of India fields candidates in 18 seats
- Mid-day meal workers clash with police, a few injured
- Indigo plane catches fire on landing, none hurt