Laura Linney slams social networks
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
"Hyde Park on Hudson" actress Laura Linney is sick of social networks and thinks they are damaging to people.
The 48-year-old isn't a fan of sites such as Facebook or Twitter because she feels as well as allowing users to be subjected to abuse, it also means they find it harder to interact on a face-to-face basis, reported Daily Star.
"I'm sick of it. Exhausted. And it makes me numb and that's dangerous. People are just under a barrage. There's no time to think and people aren't making their own opinions. And it makes intimacy almost impossible.
"And I find that worrisome, really worrisome. What's going to happen in time, with a generation of people who have that kind of ADD?," she said.