Laura Linney slams social networks
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
"Hyde Park on Hudson" actress Laura Linney is sick of social networks and thinks they are damaging to people.
The 48-year-old isn't a fan of sites such as Facebook or Twitter because she feels as well as allowing users to be subjected to abuse, it also means they find it harder to interact on a face-to-face basis, reported Daily Star.
"I'm sick of it. Exhausted. And it makes me numb and that's dangerous. People are just under a barrage. There's no time to think and people aren't making their own opinions. And it makes intimacy almost impossible.
"And I find that worrisome, really worrisome. What's going to happen in time, with a generation of people who have that kind of ADD?," she said.