Laura Linney slams social networks
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
"Hyde Park on Hudson" actress Laura Linney is sick of social networks and thinks they are damaging to people.
The 48-year-old isn't a fan of sites such as Facebook or Twitter because she feels as well as allowing users to be subjected to abuse, it also means they find it harder to interact on a face-to-face basis, reported Daily Star.
"I'm sick of it. Exhausted. And it makes me numb and that's dangerous. People are just under a barrage. There's no time to think and people aren't making their own opinions. And it makes intimacy almost impossible.
"And I find that worrisome, really worrisome. What's going to happen in time, with a generation of people who have that kind of ADD?," she said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress