Laura Linney slams social networks
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
"Hyde Park on Hudson" actress Laura Linney is sick of social networks and thinks they are damaging to people.
The 48-year-old isn't a fan of sites such as Facebook or Twitter because she feels as well as allowing users to be subjected to abuse, it also means they find it harder to interact on a face-to-face basis, reported Daily Star.
"I'm sick of it. Exhausted. And it makes me numb and that's dangerous. People are just under a barrage. There's no time to think and people aren't making their own opinions. And it makes intimacy almost impossible.
"And I find that worrisome, really worrisome. What's going to happen in time, with a generation of people who have that kind of ADD?," she said.