Laura Linney slams social networks
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
"Hyde Park on Hudson" actress Laura Linney is sick of social networks and thinks they are damaging to people.
The 48-year-old isn't a fan of sites such as Facebook or Twitter because she feels as well as allowing users to be subjected to abuse, it also means they find it harder to interact on a face-to-face basis, reported Daily Star.
"I'm sick of it. Exhausted. And it makes me numb and that's dangerous. People are just under a barrage. There's no time to think and people aren't making their own opinions. And it makes intimacy almost impossible.
"And I find that worrisome, really worrisome. What's going to happen in time, with a generation of people who have that kind of ADD?," she said.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages