Lavish mahurat for Salman’s films
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
After Salman Khan had seen Mahesh Manjrekar's two Marathi films, Mee Shivajiraje Bhosale Boltoy and Shikshanachya Aaicha Gho, so impressed was he, that he had expressed an interest to produce them in Hindi. While, Mee Shivajiraje...was about a man's fight against the evil in the society and to re-instate his identity and pride, Shikshanachya...was based on a father and son conflict. This film, which brought Manjrekar back to direction after a gap of nine years following Astitva, was also remade in Tamil and Telugu as Dhoni and in Bengali as Cholo Paltaai.
News is that the films will be made under the banner of Salman Being Human Productions. When contacted Manjrekar did confirm that the films are in the pipeline and stated, "A huge mahurat has been planned. I have to meet up with Salman to finalise the details. Only after that can I reveal more about the films."