Lawyer of British woman arrested for having drunken sex in Dubai taxi says driver fabricating story
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The lawyer of a British woman, who was sentenced to jail for having drunken sex in a taxi in Dubai, has accused the driver of fabricating the story. The lawyer has claimed that it was biologically difficult for his female client to have had sex with an Irishman in a taxi because she was menstruating at the time.
The 29-year-old woman was accused of sexual activity with a 27-year-old Irishman in the back seat of a taxi on Shaikh Zayed Road in May last year, Gulf News reports.
In November, the Dubai Misdemeanour Court sentenced the Irishman and the Briton to three months in jail for public nudity and getting sexually intimate in a taxi's backseat while they were drunk.
The couple was also fined 3,000 Durham for consuming alcohol and ordered to be deported. Speaking before the Dubai Appeal Court on Tuesday, lawyer for the couple, Shaker Al Shummari, said that 'Dubai Police's forensic evidence report also confirmed that the Briton did not have sexual intercourse recent to the date of the incident. Considering the aforementioned reasons, the couple is innocent."
The defendants pleaded not guilty to the charges of being naked in public and indulging in a sexually intimate situation before presiding Judge Mahmoud Fahmi Sultan on Tuesday, but admitted to consuming alcohol.
The primary court earlier found the defendants guilty.Al Shummari said that the Pakistani taxi driver was obviously trying to blackmail his clients, adding that he thought that they were heavily drunk when he picked them, but they were not.
The Irishman indulged in a heated argument when he realised that the driver took an unnecessarily longer route. He prolonged the route to get extra money from the fare. That provoked the driver, who evidently claimed to the arresting policeman that my clients were having sex in his backseat, the lawyer said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express