Lawyer of British woman arrested for having drunken sex in Dubai taxi says driver fabricating story
- Vasundhara Raje admits signing UK papers for Lalit Modi
- Beheading, explosion at factory in France; suspects captured
- US Supreme Court legalises same-sex marriage nationwide
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena dissolves parliament eight months before elections
- 5 children dead, 11 injured after tree falls on school bus in Kerala
Al Shummari argued before the appellate court that the driver's claims were fabricated and he gave an inconsistent statement.
Judge Sultan released the pair on bail until the judgment next month. Prosecution records said when the driver spotted the couple kissing, he pulled over in front of a police car and honked.An Emirati police corporal claimed that he spotted the couple in an intimate condition.
The corporal, who according to records looked through the window for nearly four minutes, claimed that the couple was involved in an indecent movement that made him think they were having sex.Advocate Al Shummari stressed before the appellate court that the malicious driver fabricated this unrealistic story because his client said he would report him to the police, the report added.