Lead futures up on overseas trend, spot demand
- Indrani 'admits' to her role in Sheena's murder; Peter Mukerjea grilled again
- OROP row: Govt constantly shifting goalpost, say ex-servicemen
- SP quits Grand Alliance: More psychological dents than physical
- Kalburgi murder: Former Rama Sene chief detained in Mangaluru
- Non-state actors unleashing violence on innocent people: PM Modi
Tracking a firming trend in base metals in the overseas market, lead futures prices today edged up by 0.61 per cent to Rs 114.80 per kg after speculators enlarged their positions.
Pick-up in demand from battery-makers also helped lead to trade higher at futures trade.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, lead for delivery in November traded 70 paise, or 0.61 per cent higher, at Rs 114.80 per kg, with a turnover of 154 lots.
The metal for delivery in October also rose by 60 paise, or 0.53 per cent, to Rs 114.60 per kg, with a turnover of 1,1421 lots.