Lead futures up on overseas trend, spot demand
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Tracking a firming trend in base metals in the overseas market, lead futures prices today edged up by 0.61 per cent to Rs 114.80 per kg after speculators enlarged their positions.
Pick-up in demand from battery-makers also helped lead to trade higher at futures trade.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, lead for delivery in November traded 70 paise, or 0.61 per cent higher, at Rs 114.80 per kg, with a turnover of 154 lots.
The metal for delivery in October also rose by 60 paise, or 0.53 per cent, to Rs 114.60 per kg, with a turnover of 1,1421 lots.