Leaf Analysis labs to farmersí aid
- April 24 elections roundup: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7: KKR seal thriller in Sharjah
For the farmers who remain heavily dependent on fertilisers to better the quality of their crop, here's some good news. A Leaf Analysis laboratory that has been set up in Hoshiarpur can now tell the farmers the type and quantity of the chemicals that they need to use in their farms. This is done by analysing the level of micro and macro nutrients in the leaves of plants. The lab, set up by the state horticulture department, will be followed by two more. "Leaf testing will show the amount of phosphorus, nitrogen, zinc, potash and other nutrients in the plant, which can be compared with the prescribed quantity," said Citrus Nodal Officer for Punjab, Dr Gurkanwal Singh.