Leander Paes celebrates 40th birthday with a win
- Eden to Eden, IPL Eight wonder
- Jayalalithaa announces welfare schemes worth Rs 1800 crore
- Heat wave continues to torment India; death toll rises to 368
- Will work towards abrogating Article 370 when we have numbers in Parliament: BJP
- Mathematician John Nash, who inspired 'A Beautiful Mind', killed in car crash
Indian tennis legend Leander Paes celebrated his 40th birthday with a victory in first round of the men's doubles event at the Aegon International.
Seeded third, Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek advanced to the quarterfinals after posting a 5-7 7-6(5) 10-6 win in one hour and 35 minutes over Croat-Brazilian duo of Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo on the grass courts of Devonshire Park last night.
After losing the close first set, the Indo-Czech pairing fought back to win the second in the tiebreaker and dominated the super tiebreak to make the last-eight clash.
The third seeds converted three of the five break points they got in the match.