Leander Paes celebrates 40th birthday with a win
- Truly painful, says IAS officer Ashok Khemka after he was transferred for 46th time
- Landmark study lies buried: How Delhi’s poisonous air is damaging its children for life
- 2 policeman killed in encounter with militants in Baramulla district
- IAF plane brings home over 350 Indian nationals from strife-torn Yemen
- Nagaland's first and only woman MP Rano Shaiza dies
Indian tennis legend Leander Paes celebrated his 40th birthday with a victory in first round of the men's doubles event at the Aegon International.
Seeded third, Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek advanced to the quarterfinals after posting a 5-7 7-6(5) 10-6 win in one hour and 35 minutes over Croat-Brazilian duo of Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo on the grass courts of Devonshire Park last night.
After losing the close first set, the Indo-Czech pairing fought back to win the second in the tiebreaker and dominated the super tiebreak to make the last-eight clash.
The third seeds converted three of the five break points they got in the match.