Leander Paes takes to the Bollywood court
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
Leander Paes has been the flag-bearer and the sports magnet for the game of tennis in India. His passionate and lionhearted performances whenever he's played for India, has established him as the action man of Indian tennis. But Leander will soon be seen in a new avatar in the glamourous world of Bollywood.
Yes…you heard it right. Leander will be making his Bollywood debut in Rajdhani Express directed by Ashok Kohli. The film has him playing the role of a common man. Leander has always been an admirer of Mahatma Gandhi, and when he read the script, it struck a chord in him, as it reflected Gandhiji's immortal words "Be the Change that you would like to see in the world" in an entertaining and engaging way.
Leander has been receiving film offers since1996, but he was too engrossed in tennis and self admittedly, not 'ready' to take the plunge. However, he has always been an avid film lover and feels that films do have the power to transport you to an exhilarating world. The tennis sensation believes that his ability to connect with people will serve him good in the world of cinema too. Besides the noted Bengali Poet and dramatist Michael Madhusudan Dutt is his ancestor, so he does have some acting talent in his genes.