Leander Paes takes to the Bollywood court
- After 3 decades, indigenous Tejas aircraft inducted into IAF
- 25 years on, Manmohan Singh has a regret: In crisis, we act. When it’s over, back to status quo
- Tejas: A testimony to Manohar Parrikar’s push
- Supreme Court to hear Delhi government's plea on its power on Monday
- Two Indian nationals kidnapped in Nigeria
Leander Paes has been the flag-bearer and the sports magnet for the game of tennis in India. His passionate and lionhearted performances whenever he's played for India, has established him as the action man of Indian tennis. But Leander will soon be seen in a new avatar in the glamourous world of Bollywood.
Yes…you heard it right. Leander will be making his Bollywood debut in Rajdhani Express directed by Ashok Kohli. The film has him playing the role of a common man. Leander has always been an admirer of Mahatma Gandhi, and when he read the script, it struck a chord in him, as it reflected Gandhiji's immortal words "Be the Change that you would like to see in the world" in an entertaining and engaging way.
Leander has been receiving film offers since1996, but he was too engrossed in tennis and self admittedly, not 'ready' to take the plunge. However, he has always been an avid film lover and feels that films do have the power to transport you to an exhilarating world. The tennis sensation believes that his ability to connect with people will serve him good in the world of cinema too. Besides the noted Bengali Poet and dramatist Michael Madhusudan Dutt is his ancestor, so he does have some acting talent in his genes.
- PM Modi’s search for support for India’s NSG bid shows leadership, not desperation
- A separate rail budget must continue for the sake of transparency
- Why Swamy’s real target is not Rajan or Arvind Subramanian
- In football, the English miss the goalposts. In European politics, they miss the point
- Anxieties arising from the collapse of the welfare state lie behind the vote
- To attract best human capital PSUs need to be independent holding company