Learn to invest in yourself
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
I am presenting 'Invest in yourself" in a three-part series; 'What does investing in yourself mean?', 'What you must do to be able to invest in yourself?'and 'What are the pitfalls you should avoid to successfully invest in yourself? I am keen to have your feedback on this series as we move along. So here's part 1 of the series.
What does "Invest in yourself" mean?
Every other day I am confronted with the question, "What is the best investment now?" I always try and give the second best possible answer because the best answer is seldom understood. The best answer is, and always will be, "Invest in yourself". That is right. You are your greatest asset and you are responsible for everything you do. Think about it. You are responsible for all matters in your life; be it your career, future, wedding, self confidence, self esteem, investments, prosperity, charity or personal growth.
I am referring to "Invest in yourself" as a method by which you learn to trust your own conviction for the decisions you take.
Learning to manage money
First things first; no matter how much people talk and what they say about their life and achievements, the fact is most people always feel they do not have enough. Secondly, most people think and believe they can, and should, manage their money themselves. If we were to put these two statements together, the conclusion is that people do not know how to manage money. Earning money is far more simpler than managing it. But despite that most people want to do manage their wealth themselves. So, it is a good idea to know what it takes to manage money on your own.
The basis of managing money is being able to take financial decisions and stand by them. Hence, once a decision is taken you must believe in yourself, trust your conviction that the decision is correct and therefore you will stick to your decision with the expectation that you will reap profits in time.
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar