Lecture held against female foeticide
- Don't just love Kashmir for its beauty, love it for its people: Congress tells PM Narendra Modi
- LIVE: Do not distinguish between the land and people of Kashmir, says Derek O'Brien
- Gujarat: Forced out, these Dalits are refugees 15 km from home
- Vasundhara Raje admits to problem: Gau rakshak shops asking for more
- We walk the road Vajpayee mapped, Kashmir can feel Azadi that India has: Modi
Guru Gobind College For Women, Sector 26, organized a function on female foeticide and Ishita Uppal, brand ambassador for the Haryana government, was invited as the chief guest.
Jagriti Mission Ishita Foundation organized the lecture to mobilize students to join hands and eradicate the discriminatory practice from society.
"Over two million girls have been killed in the last 20 years in India, which is a great shame to us and thus there is a need to change the mindset of the people of the country," said Uppal.
- She has not let anyone down. The people of India have let down Irom Sharmila
- Poor management of floods afflicts the Assam economy
- Several problems and hurdles lie ahead in the implementation of the GST regime
- Triple talaq: Indian Muslims must find a solution in accordance with the teachings and spirit of Islam
- In Brazil, majestic horses leapt over hurdles. In India, the holy cow lay low
- Una awakening: New focus on land distribution for redemption of Dalit dignity