Lecture held against female foeticide
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- SC allows annual cap of 20m tonnes of iron ore mining in Goa
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
Guru Gobind College For Women, Sector 26, organized a function on female foeticide and Ishita Uppal, brand ambassador for the Haryana government, was invited as the chief guest.
Jagriti Mission Ishita Foundation organized the lecture to mobilize students to join hands and eradicate the discriminatory practice from society.
"Over two million girls have been killed in the last 20 years in India, which is a great shame to us and thus there is a need to change the mindset of the people of the country," said Uppal.
Captain Deepak, the project director, urged students to volunteer for the cause and take it worldwide to promote women and child rights. New Year greeting cards containing foeticide and global warming messages were launched on the occasion.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota