Lecture held against female foeticide
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Guru Gobind College For Women, Sector 26, organized a function on female foeticide and Ishita Uppal, brand ambassador for the Haryana government, was invited as the chief guest.
Jagriti Mission Ishita Foundation organized the lecture to mobilize students to join hands and eradicate the discriminatory practice from society.
"Over two million girls have been killed in the last 20 years in India, which is a great shame to us and thus there is a need to change the mindset of the people of the country," said Uppal.
Captain Deepak, the project director, urged students to volunteer for the cause and take it worldwide to promote women and child rights. New Year greeting cards containing foeticide and global warming messages were launched on the occasion.