Lena Dunham slams Rihanna for smoking marijuana and dating 'abusive' ex
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
Lena Dunham has hit out at Rihanna for not being a better role model to young girls, and her apparent reconciliation with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown.
During an interview on Alec Baldwin's Here's the Thing podcast on January 21, the creator and star of HBO's 'Girls' said that the Barbadian singer's behavior isn't something young fans should try to emulate.
"[Fame is] an amazing thing and it's a platform that you have to take seriously. Which is why sometimes, it's like. . . I used to be really into Rihanna, that pop star, and then it's like – again, I don't want to ever throw stones from my glass house – but I follow her on Instagram and I just think about how many little girls beyond what I could even comprehend are obsessed with Rihanna," Us magazine quoted her as saying.
The popstar has in fact become known for her daily Instagram and Twitter snaps - posing provocatively behind-the-scenes at photoshoots, on the road and at home and posting the images with vague messages about what she's up to at any given moment.
Lena then weighed in on her relationship with Brown, convicted of assaulting her while they were dating in 2009.
The pair have been seen together several times in recent months, sparking rumours of a reconciliation.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?