Lena Dunham slams Rihanna for smoking marijuana and dating 'abusive' ex
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Lena Dunham has hit out at Rihanna for not being a better role model to young girls, and her apparent reconciliation with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown.
During an interview on Alec Baldwin's Here's the Thing podcast on January 21, the creator and star of HBO's 'Girls' said that the Barbadian singer's behavior isn't something young fans should try to emulate.
"[Fame is] an amazing thing and it's a platform that you have to take seriously. Which is why sometimes, it's like. . . I used to be really into Rihanna, that pop star, and then it's like – again, I don't want to ever throw stones from my glass house – but I follow her on Instagram and I just think about how many little girls beyond what I could even comprehend are obsessed with Rihanna," Us magazine quoted her as saying.
The popstar has in fact become known for her daily Instagram and Twitter snaps - posing provocatively behind-the-scenes at photoshoots, on the road and at home and posting the images with vague messages about what she's up to at any given moment.
Lena then weighed in on her relationship with Brown, convicted of assaulting her while they were dating in 2009.
The pair have been seen together several times in recent months, sparking rumours of a reconciliation.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it