Lena Dunham slams Rihanna for smoking marijuana and dating 'abusive' ex
- Telangana is India's 29th state as Rajya Sabha passes Bill amidst chaos
- Centre moves SC for review of its verdict on Rajiv Gandhi killers
- Rahul Gandhi's remark on Rajiv killers a drama to divert attention: Kumar Vishwas
- Tribal activist Soni Sori, ex-Infosys CFO V Bala join Aam Aadmi Party
- Andhra: Three girls of a family abducted, set ablaze by uncle
Lena Dunham has hit out at Rihanna for not being a better role model to young girls, and her apparent reconciliation with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown.
During an interview on Alec Baldwin's Here's the Thing podcast on January 21, the creator and star of HBO's 'Girls' said that the Barbadian singer's behavior isn't something young fans should try to emulate.
"[Fame is] an amazing thing and it's a platform that you have to take seriously. Which is why sometimes, it's like. . . I used to be really into Rihanna, that pop star, and then it's like – again, I don't want to ever throw stones from my glass house – but I follow her on Instagram and I just think about how many little girls beyond what I could even comprehend are obsessed with Rihanna," Us magazine quoted her as saying.
The popstar has in fact become known for her daily Instagram and Twitter snaps - posing provocatively behind-the-scenes at photoshoots, on the road and at home and posting the images with vague messages about what she's up to at any given moment.
Lena then weighed in on her relationship with Brown, convicted of assaulting her while they were dating in 2009.
The pair have been seen together several times in recent months, sparking rumours of a reconciliation.
She said that she knows the singer has an amazing career and is very talented, but seeing her get back together with Brown and posting a million pictures of them smoking marijuana together on a bed, just cracks her heart in half in a way that makes her feel like she's 95 years old.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state