Lenovo IdeaPad A1000: For the love of sound
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Step by step, Lenovo has been emerging as a leading player as far as digital devices are concerned. From being a PC major, the company entered into the field of laptops and smartphones, and finally tablets. Now, among all things digital, an area that is currently seeing hot competition is the Android tablet space. And in order to succeed in this space, you not only have to have a rightly-priced product, but it should really stand out also. Today we see how much does the Lenovo IdeaPad A1000 stands out.
First look and you realise that Lenovo has tried to attract budget conscious individuals with the A1000. This tablet doesn't look any different from the various ones available in the market. It measures 199 x 121 x 10.7 mm (HWD) and weighs 340 gm, just right even by today's standards. And the IdeaPad A1000 does feel solidly build. Its dimensions as well as the 'ring' design ensure this tablet is comfortable to hold. Around its edges there are volume and power buttons, a headphone jack, a flap covering the microSD card slot and a micro USB port. Besides WiFi, this device comes with a SIM slot that allows users to connect to the internet through GPRS and make calls as well. The IdeaPad A1000 has on-board storage of up to 16 GB, extendable to 32 GB with a microSD slot.
As far as display is concerned, we found it pretty normal. The seven-inch, 1024 x 600 display has become a standard of sorts in low-priced tablets and this one's no different. While indoors or in low light conditions the display is just fine, you do experience poor brightness output under the sun. To keep costs low, there is only a front facing 0.3M camera, which is good merely for video chatting services, nothing more.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express