Lenovo launches two Windows 8 laptops – Ideapad Y500 & Z500
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
Lenovo has launched two Windows 8 laptops called the IdeaPad Y500 and Z500. Both laptops have third-generation Intel processors and their high-end models come with graphic cards.
Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 comes with an UltraBay that lets users add an extra graphics card, hard disk drive or an additional fan for cooling. The 15.6-inch laptop has a carbon fibre cover, and a backlit keyboard with a touchpad. Users should face no problems typing in dark rooms as the keyboard has backlighting. The IdeaPad Y500 costs Rs 64,290.
Lenovo claims IdeaPad Z500 is among the slimmest laptops available in market. It is also a 15.6-inch device, but has less powerful hardware when compared to the Y500. It costs Rs 48,990.
The key specifications for both laptops are as follows.
Lenovo IdeaPad Y500
Up to third generation Intel® Core i7 processor
Up to NVIDIA® GeForce GT 650M 2GB DDR5 graphics
Up to 16GB DDR3 memory, up to 1TB HDD storage
Up to 750GB interchangeable HDD storage bay
Bluetooth, 802.11n Wi-Fi connectivity
USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and 6in1 card reader
Always-on USB port – lets you recharge a mobile device even when the notebook is powered off and unplugged
Interchangeable DVD reader
JBL speakers and Dolby Home Theater v4
Lenovo IdeaPad Z500
Up to third generation Intel Core i7 processor
Up to NVIDIA GeForce GT 645M 2GB graphics
15.6" Backlit LED HD display (1366x768), 16:9 widescreen
Up to 8GB DDR3 memory, up to 1TB HDD storage
Bluetooth & 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon