- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
Sony Xperia Z1
44,990 value for money: *** 1/2
Sony's best smartphone yet Xperia Z1 launched in India on September 18, has a 5-inch display, 16 GB internal memory, and runs Android Jelly Bean (4.2). The best feature of this phone is the camera, which has a Sony lens with F2.0 aperture, which makes it great for low-light photography. It is also dust- and water-resistant provided all the flaps are closed. Sony launched two lens cameras QX100 and QX10 that cost Rs 24,990 and Rs 12,990. Sony also unveiled the Smartwatch 2 for Rs 14,990.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
49,900 value for money: **
Samsung recently updated its Note series of smartphones with the launch of the Galaxy Note 3. Priced at Rs 49,900, this is among the most expensive smartphones in the market. It has a 5.7-inch display at 1920Χ1080 pixels. The phone runs Android Jelly Bean (4.3), with Samsung's TouchWiz interface. It has a 13-MP camera and weighs 168 g. The phone packs a powerful processor, 3 GB RAM and a 3,200 mAh battery. Note 3 buyers will get the S Pen, which lets them use the phone as a notebook. Samsung also launched a smartwatch called Galaxy Gear for Rs 22,990. It pairs with some high-end Galaxy phones and lets users control essential phone functions. But its battery life is rated at just one day.
9,990 value for money: *** 1/2
Harman's JBL Charge is a portable Bluetooth speaker that was recently brought to India. It looks very good and offers 12 hours of playback on a single charge. This unit is compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled phone. Its name is derived from a handy feature you can plug your gadgets to the speaker to charge them. For those interested in the hardware, this speaker has two 41 mm drivers, 2Χ5 watts of amplification and digital signal processing. It has a bass port, that increases bass output of any song. JBL says it takes 3.5 hours to charge this speaker. This unit is priced at Rs 9,990.
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase