- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Sony Xperia Z1
44,990 value for money: *** 1/2
Sony's best smartphone yet Xperia Z1 launched in India on September 18, has a 5-inch display, 16 GB internal memory, and runs Android Jelly Bean (4.2). The best feature of this phone is the camera, which has a Sony lens with F2.0 aperture, which makes it great for low-light photography. It is also dust- and water-resistant provided all the flaps are closed. Sony launched two lens cameras QX100 and QX10 that cost Rs 24,990 and Rs 12,990. Sony also unveiled the Smartwatch 2 for Rs 14,990.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
49,900 value for money: **
Samsung recently updated its Note series of smartphones with the launch of the Galaxy Note 3. Priced at Rs 49,900, this is among the most expensive smartphones in the market. It has a 5.7-inch display at 1920Χ1080 pixels. The phone runs Android Jelly Bean (4.3), with Samsung's TouchWiz interface. It has a 13-MP camera and weighs 168 g. The phone packs a powerful processor, 3 GB RAM and a 3,200 mAh battery. Note 3 buyers will get the S Pen, which lets them use the phone as a notebook. Samsung also launched a smartwatch called Galaxy Gear for Rs 22,990. It pairs with some high-end Galaxy phones and lets users control essential phone functions. But its battery life is rated at just one day.
9,990 value for money: *** 1/2
Harman's JBL Charge is a portable Bluetooth speaker that was recently brought to India. It looks very good and offers 12 hours of playback on a single charge. This unit is compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled phone. Its name is derived from a handy feature you can plug your gadgets to the speaker to charge them. For those interested in the hardware, this speaker has two 41 mm drivers, 2Χ5 watts of amplification and digital signal processing. It has a bass port, that increases bass output of any song. JBL says it takes 3.5 hours to charge this speaker. This unit is priced at Rs 9,990.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer