Leonardo DiCaprio forms e-racing team
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga draws first blood for MI, castles Gambhir
Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio is to enter a team in the new electric motor racing championship.
He has co-founded a Monaco-based team with Gildo Pallanca Pastor, owner of electric carmaker Venturi Automobiles.
Formula E racing starts next year, with the aim of giving a boost to the electric vehicle market, reported BBC online.
"The future of our planet depends on our ability to embrace fuel-efficient, clean-energy vehicles," DiCaprio said.
The 39-year-old actor's Venturi outfit is the 10th team to announce it is entering the series.
The racing series will compete in 10 of the world's leading cities including Beijing, Los Angeles, Miami, Buenos Aires, Berlin and London.
The championship is intending to showcase electric car technology and speed up development and innovation amongst manufacturers.