Leonardo DiCaprio spends a humongous $3 mn on champagne
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Superstar Leonardo DiCaprio, who celebrated his 38th birthday last month, has reportedly spent USD 3 million on champagne for the day.
The 'Wolf Of Wall Street' actor celebrated his birthday at The Darby in New York and blew the huge amount on alcohol for his friends, reported Hollywood life.
"He and his crew spent USD 3 million on Armand de Brignac. They ordered 18 cases, then requested more bottles!," a source said.
While DiCaprio may have spent the huge amount, his party - which was attended by stars including Beyonce Knowles and her husband Jay-Z, Robert De Niro and Cameron Diaz - was in aid of a good cause.
The charitable star used the occasion to raise money for the Red Cross to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy by adding a fee to every bottle sold to be donated for charity.