Leonardo DiCaprio wins date with Bill Clinton
- Combating terrorism must be major priority for G20: PM Narendra Modi
- Obama on Paris attack: Twisted ideology behind killing of innocents
- G20 summit: India pledges to hike renewable energy output to 175GW by 2022
- Two attackers killed in Paris were Frenchmen living in Brussels
- Petrol price hiked by 36 paise/litre, diesel by 87 paise/litre
Leonardo Dicaprio will be spending a day with former US President Bill Clinton after bidding big for the opportunity at Sean Penn's charity bash in Los Angeles.
The 'Titanic' star was a guest at the event to raise money and awareness for the Oscar-winning actor's JP Haiti Relief Organization, which he set up in the aftermath of the country's devastating 2010 earthquake, reported the Huffington Post.
The event featured a special auction and DiCaprio, 38, was one of the main bidders for the chance to spend some one-on-one time with Clinton, offering up USD 100,000 for the honour.
DiCaprio also bid for an Explore Bhutan vacation package, but he lost out on that lot to Giorgio Armani's niece, Roberta, who paid USD 240,000 for the holiday prize.
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly
- Paris attacks: The loss of innocence
- How the AMU professor became a rallying point for LGBT movement
- Across the aisle: The ethos of India wins the election
- Salvation of India rests with Modi, provided he reforms himself