Leonardo DiCaprio wins date with Bill Clinton
- Will use recycled water for maintaining pitches, BCCI lawyer informs HC
- Supreme Court tells RBI on bad loans: You must act as a watchdog
- Maneka Gandhi wanted two reporters on blacklist, Govt said no such rule
- Drought crisis: Kejriwal praises PM Modi, offers to send water from Delhi
- Kerala temple fire: 5 office bearers of Puttingal Devi temple surrender
Leonardo Dicaprio will be spending a day with former US President Bill Clinton after bidding big for the opportunity at Sean Penn's charity bash in Los Angeles.
The 'Titanic' star was a guest at the event to raise money and awareness for the Oscar-winning actor's JP Haiti Relief Organization, which he set up in the aftermath of the country's devastating 2010 earthquake, reported the Huffington Post.
The event featured a special auction and DiCaprio, 38, was one of the main bidders for the chance to spend some one-on-one time with Clinton, offering up USD 100,000 for the honour.
DiCaprio also bid for an Explore Bhutan vacation package, but he lost out on that lot to Giorgio Armani's niece, Roberta, who paid USD 240,000 for the holiday prize.
- The critical bad debt problem calls for deep surgery, not more band aid
- The Strategic Imperative: Benefits outweigh costs of India, US intimacies
- As IITs raise fee, time to consider innovative ways of financing education for elite institutions
- Claims of a Rs 15,000 crore saving in LPG subsidy solely through Aadhaar are erroneous
- NIT Srinagar controversy underlines need to handle sensitive issues with agility
- The next leader Of the United Nations