Leopard injures 4 in residential area at Jalandhar bypass; search op on
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
- Khobragadeâs help, husband cite âdifferencesâ, file for divorce
- President not for executing Bhullar, MHA disagrees
A leopard injured four people in a residential colony, Eldeco Estates, near Jalandhar bypass on Monday. While the forest officials were unable to spot the leopard till the filing of this report, the search operation led by district forest officer (DFO) Daljit Singh Brar was on in Kadian forests near Tiger Safari.
Charanjit Singh, the contractor of Tiger Safari, told Newsline that till now no orders had been received to close Tiger Safari as a precautionary measure.
On Monday afternoon, the leopard entered the residential area near Malhotra Resorts opposite Tiger Safari and injured 10-year-old Pawan Kumar, attacking him with his claws.
However, the child is now out of danger. Asha, mother of the child who works as a maid in nearby houses, told Newsline, "It came and attacked my child. After attacking with claws, it left."
The leopard also attacked Asha, leaving slight scratches with its claw.
While Pawan was injured in a farm house, two others — Radhey Lal, 20, and Monu in his 30s — were attacked in Eldeco Estates. Both were taken to Aman Hospital and B L Kapur Hospital respectively and are out of danger.
Talking to Newsline, DFO Brar said it could be the same leopard which was spotted in Kadian on November 11 last year but forest officials failed to catch it. Tiger Safari remained closed for more than 20 days at that time but it was not caught.
"My team of 20-25 forest guards and others are searching for the leopard but it has not been spotted till now. We have searched Tiger Safari and also the estate where it was seen in the morning but nothing has been found," said Brar.
Till filing of the report, leopard was again spotted near Eldeco Estates.
Before that too, a leopard was seen in Mattewara area but is yet to be found.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express