Leopardís carcass found in Tapi
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Supreme Court denies bail for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
The carcass of a one-and-a-half-year female leopard, whose four paws and two canine teeth were missing, was found in Songadh taluka of Tapi district on Saturday.
On Sunday evening, forest officials found the four paws stuffed in a plastic bag hanging from a light pole in a village.
While the carcass has been sent to a government hospital for post mortem, samples have also been sent to the forensic laboratory by forest officials to ascertain the exact cause of death.
Sagarvel range forest officer J P Rathod said, "We have not found any injury on the body. We suspect somebody might have spotted the dead leopard and chopped off four paws and teeth."