Leopard strays into field, 1 hurt
- 12 players, three new teams, IPL officials and owners named in secret report to SC
- Whoâs probing IM? NIA, Delhi Police stories different: HC
- Modi Pak, US dono ko thhokega: BJP S Delhi candidate
- In Cong bastion Nandurbar, you can sense straws in shifting wind
- Doubts surface over murdered Qateelâs âconfessionâ to police
A leopard strayed into a field near Talegaon Dabhade on Friday morning and attacked a farmer who sustained minor injuries after a crowd reportedly provoked the animal. Till late evening, the feline was present in the farm, forest officials said, adding that efforts to catch it were on.
According to forest officials, the leopard might have entered the field from adjacent Indrayani river. "Though the field has a wire fencing, the animal seems to have sneaked in through a small opening. Soon after the residents found it, they informed the forest officials and police. Some people from the crowd reportedly provoked the animal by throwing stones at it after which it attacked one Popat Shelar, 55, and hid in neighbouring shrubs. The man suffered minor injuries and was admitted to Pavana Hospital," said Rajendra Kadam, Deputy Conservator of Forest.
Forest officials suspect the animal is still in the thick vegetation in the field and have set up traps at multiple entry-exit points. "The 1.5-acre plot has a pump house shed and thick vegetation. A team of forest officers and policmen are guarding the area," said Kadam.
- Panel points out holes in report on trees cut, writes to civic chief
- Man who made hoax calls to Jet Airways acquitted
- Metro not quite a vote puller for people in areas it runs
- Stir ends, BEST postpones new work schedule to June 1
- RBI banks on Bandhan, trusts Kolkata NBFC with rare licence
- Gujarat to SC: Woman knew of snooping, was thankful