Less VIP passes for matches in World Cup makes BJP unhappy
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
- Kiran floats party for âTelugu prideâ
- UP cops slap sedition charge on Kashmiri students for cheering Pak, then withdraw it
While over Rs 20 crore is being spent on World Cup Kabaddi, which is a state government show, SAD's alliance partner, the BJP, seems to be feeling ignored when it comes to distribution of VIP passes for the matches.
The BJP district unit had boycotted Tuesday's match in Mansa after it was given only 15 passes against the demand for 500. In Muktsar as well, limited number of passes for BJP workers was a problem. In the last World Cup final in Ludhiana as well, BJP councillors had complained that they were not given VIP passes.
Hardev Singh Obha, general secretary of the BJP Mansa unit, said: "We will seek information from the administration regarding the total money paid for the arrangements and why we were ignored. As per our information, over 5,300 VVIP and VIP passes were printed, but we were given only 15. We needed at least 500 to make all our active workers feel honoured."
A BJP worker, on condition of anonymity, said: "SAD workers overpower us in such functions. We are given a second grade treatment, while we too work at the same pace as they do."