LeT, IM active in Delhi, 7 other states
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
Pakistan-based terror groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba and Indian Mujahideen are active in country's hinterland, including the national capital, the government on Tuesday said.
"Various terrorist groups like LeT, IM, Hizbul Mujahideen (HM), Harkat-ul-Jihad al Islami (HuJI), Al-Badr, etc are active in the hinterland of the country, particularly in Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh and Delhi," Minister of State for Home R P N Singh told Lok Sabha while replying to a written question.
He said 66 terrorist and insurgent groups are active in different parts of the country and they are involved in subversive activities.
The minister said three militants groups - Babbar Khalsa International, Khalistan Zindabad Force and Khalistan Commando Force - are active in Punjab.
- L-G green light for proposal to make helmets mandatory for women
- Ready for elections: Parties
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post