LeT, IM active in Delhi, 7 other states
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Pakistan-based terror groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba and Indian Mujahideen are active in country's hinterland, including the national capital, the government on Tuesday said.
"Various terrorist groups like LeT, IM, Hizbul Mujahideen (HM), Harkat-ul-Jihad al Islami (HuJI), Al-Badr, etc are active in the hinterland of the country, particularly in Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh and Delhi," Minister of State for Home R P N Singh told Lok Sabha while replying to a written question.
He said 66 terrorist and insurgent groups are active in different parts of the country and they are involved in subversive activities.
The minister said three militants groups - Babbar Khalsa International, Khalistan Zindabad Force and Khalistan Commando Force - are active in Punjab.