Let law take its course on Dhananjay Singh: Mayawati
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: DD beat KKR by four wickets
BSP president Mayawati on Saturday virtually ruled out any immediate action against MP Dhananjay Singh, arrested along with his wife in connection with the murder of their maid in Delhi, saying the party would wait for the law to take its course.
"We are looking as to what action is being taken legally against him...when law takes a final decision with regard to him we will also take action," the former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati told media when asked what action is being taken by the party against the arrested MP.
The BSP MP from Jaunpur constituency in Uttar Pradesh, and his wife Jagriti Singh, a dental surgeon at RML hospital in Delhi are now in police custody till November 11 in connection with death of their 35-year-old maid Rakhi Bhadra, a resident of West Bengal.
The body of the maid, bearing burn marks and injuries on the chest, stomach, arms and legs, was recovered from the MP's residence at South Avenue in Delhi on the evening of November 4 after Dhananjay informed the police.
Dhananjay was arrested for allegedly destroying evidence, not informing police about the maid's death immediately and employing a juvenile as domestic help.