LeT links: Cong says Rahul Gandhi was right, BJP wants probe
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK wreak havoc on DD with clinical bowling
While the Congress on Tuesday used the Delhi Police's claim that two suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba operatives had met two persons in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar region to justify party vice-president Rahul Gandhi's similar apprehension after riots, the BJP demanded thorough investigations to reveal the truth and charged the ruling party of creating conducive atmosphere for terror organisations operating from across the border.
"If this information is correct that some people from LeT had gone to relief camps to lure refugees, then it proves right what Rahul Gandhi had said," Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh told reporters.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari used these claims to indirectly target the BJP. "Those who believe in the politics of polarisation, who believe in the politics of communalism should become cognizant of the damage which they do to the idea of India," he said.
The BJP, however, appeared unimpressed by these claims, apprehending that only "partial" truth has been revealed by the Delhi Police and accused the Congress of resorting to communal politics.
"The Central as well as state governments are playing communal politics. In the process they create an atmosphere that help separatist forces," BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi said, attacking that Congress at the Centre and Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh.
To buttress his claim, Trivedi pointed to reported plans of the UP government to withdraw riots-related cases against a "particular community".
The BJP spokesperson demanded the Delhi Police to reveal all the facts and asked UP Police to also vouch for these claims. "Delhi Police has only partially revealed the facts. Delhi Police must reveal all the facts after full investigations. We also expect UP Police to clarify its take on these claims," Trivedi said.
BJP president Rajnath Singh too sought a thorough probe into the claims with all seriousness to reveal the entire truth.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota