Let off, former BJP MLA says massacre never took place!
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Looking relaxed after his acquittal in the case, Prahlad Gosa, a former BJP MLA from Visnagar, said he was satisfied that the court had not upheld the murder and conspiracy charge.
"Since the beginning, we were saying that none of these 11 persons were killed. We think they have not died at all. They have been shifted somewhere clandestinely and we have been facing this ordeal for more than 10 years," Gosa said.
Gosa also said the life imprisonment awarded to 10 accused for attempt to murder and arson was too harsh a sentence. "I have never heard somebody getting life imprisonment for such charges ever. This is a bit too harsh on the convicts and I am very sad about that."
Gosa faced charges of instigating the mob to attack the entire mohalla of Chudi Vas when it was setting a house of a Muslim on fire on February 28, 2002.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today