LeT operative being trailed for past one week: Sushilkumar Shinde
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday said suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Mohammed Shahid , who has been arrested by Delhi Police, was being trailed for the last one week.
"We were trailing this man for the last one week and he is now with us. We worked silently...and I applaud our men for this feat," he said.
Shahid was arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police from Mewat in Haryana. With his arrest, the police claimed to have busted a terror module which was planning to attack prominent market places in the national capital.
"Shahid was arrested from Nuh in Mewat.
His other associates are on the run," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Sanjeev Kumar Yadav said.
He came under police scanner after investigators traced Baluchi's calls to his cellphone.
Special Cell officers have also recovered a diary from Shahid which gives details of a terror attack being planned in the national capital, the sources said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express