Letter threatens to blow up city courts
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
The Ahmedabad metropolitan court's registrar office received a letter on Wednesday, threatening to blow up all the courts in the city, including the Gujarat High Court, if the BJP came to power in the state.
After receiving the letter, the registrar office alerted the police. The letter was sent to all the courts in city, police said.
Police said that it was a handwritten letter in Hindi which reads: "Agar Kamal aaya to saare courts ko uda denge. (If Kamal — BJP's election symbol — comes to power, we will blow up all the courts of Ahmedabad."
The police rushed to the spot with the bomb disposal squad and searched all the courts premises. Police have also beefed up security in the courts in the city.
The letter has been sent to forensic science laboratory for examination. A case of threat has also been lodged with the Karanj police station.
DCP Zone I Neeraj Badgujar said, "The letter has been received by the court authorities that states a bomb blast. We have done anti-sabotage checks in all the courts. We are doing videogrpahy of the court premises to keep a close watch."
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized