Letters to the editor
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
Your editorial, "What is stressing banks" (FE, December 6) comes at the right time. Perhaps the answer lies in Moody's comment on the asset quality of Indian banks as referred to by you. While the number of NPAs are increasing, adequate provisions are lacking. There is a need for stricter provisioning norms. But that alone is not enough. Government's policy on recovery from big companies and massive waving of farm loans are also to be examined. Moody's caution is to be taken seriously.