Lewis Hamilton has no chance of winning F1 title with Mercedes: Mika Hakkinen
- PM silent on One Rank One Pension, upset defence veterans plan nation-wide agitation
- Relentless heatwave continues, death toll rises to nearly 700
- 'Manmohan Singh warned me of harm if I did not cooperate on 2G issue'
- BJP MLA marshalled out of Delhi Assembly for criticising Speaker
- Bypolls to 6 seats in 5 states on June 27, Jaya to contest on one
Two-time Formula One champion Mika Hakkinen has claimed ace driver Lewis Hamilton can bid adieu to his chances of winning the F1 driver's championship this year with his new team, Mercedes, whom he believes is not competitive enough.
Hakkinen said that Hamilton's former club McLaren is on top form this season, and added that he does not expect Mercedes to compete much this year, in view of the Brackley-based team's disappointing performance during testing in Spain, the Sun reports.
However, the Finnish racing legend sympathised with Mercedes, saying that it is too early to map the performance of any team at the first test. Hakkinen added that the subsequent test in Barcelona would be interesting as it would be possible to find out potential winners of this year's title.
Hamilton crashed out at 200mph due to a rear brake failure while his team-mate Nico Rosberg was in the car when it caught fire, during his debut Mercedes run.