Lewis Hamilton has no chance of winning F1 title with Mercedes: Mika Hakkinen
- Draft National Encryption Policy gives Govt key to Whatsapp messages, mail
- Why Rahul Gandhi is suddenly obsessed with Narendra Modi
- Bilaspur tunnel collapse: Two of the three trapped workers rescued after nine days
- Bombay HC refuses to relax ban on beef during Bakri Eid
- NRHM scam: CBI to quiz Mayawati to unravel 'larger conspiracy'
Two-time Formula One champion Mika Hakkinen has claimed ace driver Lewis Hamilton can bid adieu to his chances of winning the F1 driver's championship this year with his new team, Mercedes, whom he believes is not competitive enough.
Hakkinen said that Hamilton's former club McLaren is on top form this season, and added that he does not expect Mercedes to compete much this year, in view of the Brackley-based team's disappointing performance during testing in Spain, the Sun reports.
However, the Finnish racing legend sympathised with Mercedes, saying that it is too early to map the performance of any team at the first test. Hakkinen added that the subsequent test in Barcelona would be interesting as it would be possible to find out potential winners of this year's title.