Lewis Hamilton has no chance of winning F1 title with Mercedes: Mika Hakkinen
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Glen Maxwell plays another blinder, leads KXIP to stunning win
Two-time Formula One champion Mika Hakkinen has claimed ace driver Lewis Hamilton can bid adieu to his chances of winning the F1 driver's championship this year with his new team, Mercedes, whom he believes is not competitive enough.
Hakkinen said that Hamilton's former club McLaren is on top form this season, and added that he does not expect Mercedes to compete much this year, in view of the Brackley-based team's disappointing performance during testing in Spain, the Sun reports.
However, the Finnish racing legend sympathised with Mercedes, saying that it is too early to map the performance of any team at the first test. Hakkinen added that the subsequent test in Barcelona would be interesting as it would be possible to find out potential winners of this year's title.
Hamilton crashed out at 200mph due to a rear brake failure while his team-mate Nico Rosberg was in the car when it caught fire, during his debut Mercedes run.
- ‘We were in a bit of trouble initially but AB came in and he steadied the ship’
- Cops claim body was lifted from crime scene within 20 mins, family says it’s a lie
- After opening loss CSK face resurgent Daredevils
- Kirsten has given me new insight, says Coulter-Nile
- Nomination filed, the other Manpreet Badal goes missing
- M&M keep it sweet for punjab